Wednesday 2 February 2011

Loosing the moorings

A few folk have commented recently that there have been no updates since September so let's see if we can improve on that.

Really there is nothing to report except the steady restoring of stamina. I am discovering that currently I cannot do 'morning, noon and night'; any two but not all three. If I do all three the next day leaves me pretty well wiped out.

Last weekend I travelled to Liverpool to be with one of the churches there for the whole of the Sunday. I have been preaching occasionally at home here in Reading but the combination of travelling to a location, preaching in the morning, talking all afternoon, preaching in the evening and travelling back the same day is too much to contemplate just now. Time was when I could have taken it in my stride but currently I am having to measure my energies a little more carefully.

I took the train to Liverpool on Saturday afternoon, preached at the morning meeting, chatted throughout lunch, TOOK AN AFTERNOON NAP, and then preached again in the evening. I left the train journey home until Monday. It all went very well. It was a delight to be with the saints and to share the word of God and renew many old friendships. The danger is, of course, that the adrenalin starts circulating and you forget that you are going to have to pay for it a little later on. The journey home was a bit messy with points closures and more changes of train than expected but it all went well.

On Tuesday I took a quiet day off and slept a couple of times! All in all it went well and I am encouraged. I have a diary of appointments building up now and I want to keep a eye of how it all works out.

I am still doing the 'Speakers' Corner' sessions in the fellowship here and have returned to editing my book. I have now sent the first few chapters and synopses of the others to a prospective publisher; I await their comments! We now have a busy weekend scheduled with a family wedding in Norfolk so life is slowly returning to normal! Thank you all again for all your prayer and good wishes. I have a monitoring appointment in a couple of months and I will do a post when that is done. Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RefTagger