Wednesday 3 March 2010

Still home or H-Day +6

I haven't got around to doing that piece on 'salvation by grace through faith' yet but it will appear soon DV.

Meantime I am home and due to return to hospital tomorrow for a TWOC I am due in at 10:00 am and then may be there until 4:00 pm or later as things 'proceed'.

I managed a brief walk outside yesterday, came back and slept for an hour! The cost of even the smallest effort still takes me by surprise. I am conserving energy by not standing in front of a mirror for 15 minutes to shave so I now have 10 days growth of beard! I wore a beard for several years, way back, over 20 years ago but it succumbed to the verse in 1 Corinthians which says a 'man's body is under his wife's control'! We'll see how long I can get away with it.

Thinking logically, 15 minutes each day is an hour and three quarters every week, which is 91 waking hours per year. Thinking in terms of a working day of 12 hours, that would give an extra working week and a half every year for my work! I have presented this case to 'she who has authority' and she has passed very little comment. I sense she is biding her time and keeping her powder dry!

Thank you for all your love and prayers and cards and emails and facebook greetings! We feel very loved!

1 comment:

  1. Ron, glad you are recovering well :) praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

RefTagger