Thursday 1 April 2010

6 weeks post op appointment due Tuesday 6th April.

I went to our local GP’s blood clinic yesterday. They needed a sample of my blood to do a super-sensitive PSA test. ( a test useful after radical prostatectomy to detect early recurrences. ) PSAs stay in the blood for about 6 weeks so the idea is that by this time PSA from my prostate should have all passed through my system. If there are PSA’s is may indicate that further treatment is necessary. The data from this blood test will be in the hands of my surgeon for my 6 weeks post op appointment on Tuesday 6th. He will also have the results of the prostate and lymph nodes histology from the op itself. These two, the current PSA values and the histology from the op will the data he uses to advise on any further treatment. I will let you know the results when I have them. Thank you all again for all your prayers and good wishes and cards and emails. I am grateful for and very humbled by all your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RefTagger