Thursday 14 January 2010

Urology Consultation: 13th Jan 2010


I am overwhelmed with the expressions of love and promises of prayer that are coming in daily. It is a source of great encouragement to know that so many are holding me in their hearts before the Lord.

On Wednesday 13th I had an appointment with my consultant urologist. Like my son Mark, he is an army doctor based in an NHS hospital. I was very impressed with his attitude and the care expressed. I had hoped that the information gained from the CT scan and the bone scan would have completed the data gathering so that the course ahead could be charted.

There is a delay which is being caused by a high PSA value (I’m not going to explain these terms. If you click on the words in red they should take you to some medical explanations.. and those who fear an information overload can just give them a miss!). There is a suspicion that I may have had a urinary infection which may have skewed the results. So today I had more blood taken and I have a further appointment scheduled for next Wednesday. 20th Jan 2010 when we should know the current PSA values.
My son Mark, who is himself a consultant physician in general medicine, infectious diseases and tropical medicine, is in touch with my urologist, so the discussion is ‘on going’.

So I will update this again when things are a little more in focus.

Please forgive me if this blog seems a little mechanical but I shall spend most of my days answering emails and telephone calls unless I can encourage people to keep up to date with the bulletin board. I think you will understand that I don’t want my days to be completely taken up with my cancer and its treatment and with telling the same story over and over. I do value all your love and care.

Please take a look at my blog at my blog entitled "a fearless future". This will give you some idea of how I am feeling.

"LORD, it is nothing for You to help, whether with many or with those who have no power; help us, O LORD our God, for we rest on You, and in Your name we go... 2Chr 14:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

RefTagger